"It takes years and years and years to develop these chickens to grow these feathers. And now, instead of ending up on a fly, it’s going into women’s hair," said Matt Brower, a guide and assistant manager at Idaho Angler in Boise.
…They come from roosters that are genetically bred and raised for their plumage. In most cases, the birds do not survive the plucking.
At Whiting Farms, Inc., in western Colorado, one of the world’s largest producers of fly tying feathers, the roosters live about a year while their saddle feathers — the ones on the bird’s backside and the most popular for hair extensions — grow as long as possible. Then the animal is euthanized."
I had no idea that education
- rendered all of its recipients completely able-bodied
- gave you a car that works, instantly.
- dissolves all bonds with all people who may not have a car or be able bodied so that you can just be like, “Can’t leave because of a hurricane, mom? Fuck yo wheelchair, I’m getting the hell out of dodge!”
- gives you magical powers to predict, with deadly accuracy, the intensity of hurricanes before they come ashore
- makes it so you have no attachment to your home. You’re like a human rock band, at all times, on tour and cold as ice.
- makes it so that you can’t possibly ever be poor. EVER!
Man. I should get some education, so that I have a car and never get old or become infirm or need money.
No words for this idiocy. My hands flew to my mouth a la Stefon the second I read it.
"You’re like a human rock band, at all times, on tour and cold as ice."
They haven’t announced exactly where in Cali they will be yet but obviously I will be stalking them and crossing my fingers that Harry tags along.
I drove the entire state and most of Oregon in one day before, I can do it again.